Friday, December 26, 2008

And A Happy New Year

This Christmas turned out to be just a tick different than the others. 

And I'd love to tell you why:

1. Germans celebrate three entire days in a row. From the 24th to the 26th. Non-stop. Anytime you find yourself starting to go crazy from hearing "Happy Christmas and a good New Year" (literal translation) 232,867,367,421 times a day, it's best to simply refill your glass of wine. 

2. For those of you who follow my blogs, the update goes as follows: my father won the battle and the Christmas tree was not put up this year. When I asked him about it, he said that he told my mother that she could go and stand in front of the 12-foot tree at the church that is five feet from our house. He said he'd be glad to turn the lights on and off and on and off and on and off - as much as she pleased. 
The presents were placed under a poinsettia tree and they called it a day.... or uh...Christmas?

3. There was no trace of turkey or ham to be seen at any of the meals we had. What WAS present? 
Sauerkraut. 
 


2 comments:

Emma Dot Com said...

Merry belated Christmas, love, and a happy and safe New Year.

I saw La Huffington on tv the other day and thought of you. She called Palin "antediluvian."

Classic.

thisgoodlife said...

L,

I barely know you... but your blog-words brighten my day every time I catch them! I really enjoy your take on life! :) Happy new year!