Saturday, February 13, 2010

Music To Abide By

Midlake was in town this past week and I was able to drag my feverish carcass out of bed and go hear the beauty that is.
It was so lovely to see so many Texans in one location and my friends here in Berlin marveled at how beautifully men in Texas can grow a beard.
and wear plaid.
and make rock music.

Oh it was magical and I was excited to see the familiar faces and bask in the glory-hallelujah Texas rock for a short while. Blame it on the fever or the sheer delirium that I have been experiencing as a result of not seeing any sun for the past two months but the nostalgia was damn, near overwhelming and I almost begged the boys to pack me in their suitcases and take me home with them.
Because let's face it, Texas will always be home.

Before the cheese in this past starts to give you a song and dance, I am going to bring her to a close, take the lady home, and call it a night.
But but but. I wanted first to say how much I am in love with this song at the moment. It's seen a good deal of the repeat function on my iPod and has gotten me through many a trek through the ice and snow in Berlin.

All my love to all of you every one of you especially you.


3 comments:

The Sequin Cat said...

I LOOOOOVE midlake. Lucky girl. Good luck for the next three months of cold grey.

L said...

egads. how do you know midlake?

The Sequin Cat said...

I'm hip! Um...